Thursday 18 August 2011

A Friend Lost

No rant today

It has been almost 10 years since I gradutated University.  While there I made some of the best friends I have ever had.  Of course time and distance have a way of interfering.  People get married, have kids, get divorced and go about living their lives, often time friendships which were once close become distant.  Monthly phone calls change into "We haven't talked in years".

I was saddened today to find out one of my friends from University passed away yesterday.  I am thankful for the night we ran into each other at a recent conference and spent a couple of hours reminiscing about old times.

You will be missed my friend, you were a kind soul and all who knew you are better for it.  Rest in peace DZ, you will be truly missed.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment